Quien Soy (About Me)

My photo
I have a severe TBI & my journey to recovery has just begun. My favorite colors are green, & navy blue ---ESPAÑOL--- Tengo Una lesión en el cerebro muy severa y my camino hacia mi recuperacion ha empezado. Mis colores favoritos son Azul Marino y Verde

Friday, March 4, 2011

- My Journey To Recovery

Hi! 
My name is Olga Reyes Granados and I suffered a severe Traumatic Brain Injury (TBI) starting October 2010. On Feb 22, 2011 I completed 4 months in the hospital and I am looking forward to continue with my recovery. God has been guiding me along the way and I pray that I become another one of His great miracles.  
October 1, 2010 Alexa's Birthday Celebration



I have made some progress since I was first admitted to the hospital. TBI recovery takes time, dedication, lots of praying and patience.  I will be discharged from the Instituto Nacional De Neurologia y Neurocirugia Manuel Velasco Suarez in the next few weeks as I have maxed out my recovery opportunities in Mexico due to medical advancements.  I have come a long way and tried so hard thus far.  I have overcome the 5% chance they gave me back in November and I am not willing to accept that my chances for recovery stop here.


Together with my family, we have identified TIRR Memorial Hermann as the best place for my recovery. However, due to my TBI and its economic impact on my family, I am unable to get to TIRR at this time.  I need your help.

I am 38 years old and married to Ivan Olvera. I live in Mexico City.  I am the youngest of 5 sisters and have 3 brothers. I studied graphic design and work at Canal 11 in Mexico City. I am a new blogger with the purpose of sharing my story and increasing awareness of TBI.  I invite you to follow me on my Journey to Recovery. Please follow future posts to learn more about my progress and learning to live with TBI.

My family is campaigning on my behalf to raise $30,000 to cover both transportation costs from Mexico City to Houston and $125,000 for six weeks of rehabilitation at TIRR Memorial Hermann in Houston, Texas.  My insurance is unable to cover the transportation cost since we have reached the maximum coverage and the rehabilitation expenses are out of the country.  At this point, I am strictly dependent on support of my family to cover these expenses and on your donations. Please click on the "Donate" button below to help me continue with my recovery.  I will be posting progress to ensure you know how I am progressing and how your contribution has benefited me.  Thanks in advance.





5 comments:

  1. Marlon, Tristan and I continue to pray for Olga and hope to see her here in Houston really soon.

    ReplyDelete
  2. In the time of misery, when everything seems lost…………...only the strong ones will preserve…..Ol you are my warrior and here we are, waiting, holding on, praying, waiting......... I always smile when I think of you...love you CARLA

    ReplyDelete
  3. Ol... ya mande tu blog a toooodos mis contactos... ya verás que de ahi va a salir ayuda... Te quiero!!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. THANK YOU ALL FOR YOUR KIND WORDS... BUT OLGA AND HER FAMILY NEED ASWELL MONEY. LET´S DO IT TOGETHER AND BE PART OF HER JOURNEY TO RECOVERY.

    ReplyDelete